Amy focuses her practice on entertainment, business and litigation. She represents a variety of independent entertainment clients in drafting and negotiating agreements from rights acquisition to distribution, as well as small business owners with the contracts and filings needed for all phases of a business life cycle. She also has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, including appeals, in both state and federal court, both plaintiff and defense, handling a wide range of contract, tort, statutory and constitutional claims, as well as representing clients in both mediation and arbitration.
Before graduating from Northwestern University School of Law in Chicago, Amy interned for several semesters each with both the Cook County State’s Attorney and the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Northern District of Illinois. She likewise served an externship for the Hon. Ruben Castillo, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois. Amy also founded a student chapter of the Animal Legal Defense Fund, the leading nonprofit in the U.S. dedicated to legal advocacy for animals.
Amy is active with the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Small Firm and Sole Practitioner Section. Before moving to California, Amy chaired the Chicago Bar Association’s Solo-Small Firm Committee, served on the Illinois State Bar Association’s Agricultural Law Section, founded animal law sections for both the Chicago and Illinois bars, taught several semesters as an adjunct professor at DePaul College of Law, wrote articles and guest lectured on various topics at legal conferences across the country, including the Illinois, Texas and Washington State Bar Associations, and law schools including Yale, University of Chicago, Northwestern and UCLA. When she’s not working, Amy volunteers with several animal-related charities and serves as pro bono counsel for the Pasadena International Film Festival.
State and Federal Bar Memberships
- Central District of California
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
Creatives and entrepreneurs who are looking to:
- form an entity for their project
- protect intellectual property rights through copyright and trademark registration and enforcement
- draft and negotiate contracts for vendors, suppliers, customers, content creators, producers, distributors and others
- have a legal partner that can integrate seamlessly as needed to provide advice on routine governance and strategic planning
- litigate or appeal commercial and contract disputes