Amy, a 2021 Pasadena Top Lawyer, is an intellectual property attorney with a passion for trademarks and copyrights. She also has extensive experience drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts, from initial master services and non-disclosure agreements, to ongoing vendor, supplier and employee contracts to dissolution agreements. Amy is equally comfortable proceeding before the TTAB, in mediation, arbitration or the courtroom. She has two decades of experience in all stages of trial and appellate litigation – both state and federal, plaintiff and defense – handling a wide range of contract, tort, statutory and constitutional claims.
Amy serves on the boards of the Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association and the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Los Angeles Alumni Club, the SoCal Works! Committee of the Association of Corporate Counsel and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Small Firm and Sole Practitioner Section . Before moving to California, Amy chaired the Chicago Bar Association’s Solo-Small Firm Committee, served on the Illinois State Bar Association’s Agricultural Law Section, founded animal law sections for both the Chicago and Illinois bars, taught several semesters as an adjunct professor at DePaul College of Law, wrote articles and guest lectured on various topics at legal conferences across the country, including the Illinois, Texas and Washington State Bar Associations, and law schools including Yale, University of Chicago, Northwestern and UCLA.
Before graduating from Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in Chicago, Amy interned with the Cook County State’s Attorney Office, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois and the Hon. Ruben Castillo, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois. She also founded a student chapter of the Animal Legal Defense Fund.
When she’s not working, Amy volunteers with several animal-related charities and serves as pro bono counsel for the Pasadena International Film Festival.
State and Federal Bar Memberships
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Entrepreneurs and creatives who are looking to:
- develop their brand and protect intellectual property rights through trademark and copyright registration and enforcement
- negotiate formation, non-disclosure, SAAS, licensing, co-branding, work-for-hire, independent contractor and other agreements
- have a legal partner that can integrate seamlessly as needed to provide advice on routine and strategic planning
- litigate or appeal IP-related, contract, tort or constitutional disputes